Referrals to Vision Housing are made by local authorities, the prison service, probation trusts and third sector organisations.
We generally only accept referrals from organisations that we have a service level agreement with. To find out how to set up an SLA with us, please complete the attached form and send to email@example.com.
If you would like to refer a client to us, please complete the attached document.
A quick guide to our referral criteria is:
The client must be:
- homeless or at risk of being homeless
- unable to raise deposit by any other means
- in receipt of benefits or be on a low income
- able to provide information regarding any outstanding debt with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- willing to undertake training or further education
- wanting to resettle in the Greater London area
The client must not:
- have any history of arson attached
- be using illegal drugs (clients should be clean or dry for a minimum of six months, however please contact us directly if your client does not meet this particular criteria. Clients are assessed as individuals, therefore we will review the level of support in place for the client to determine whether Vision Housing can support the client into accommodation.)
- be misusing alcohol (clients should be clean or dry for a minimum of six months, however please contact us directly if your client does not meet this particular criteria. Clients are assessed as individuals, therefore we will review the level of support in place for the client to determine whether Vision Housing can support the client into accommodation.).
- have any history of arson attacks
- be a sex offender or have been assessed as high or very high risk of harm.
- have dependent children.
Vision Housing works with social and private landlords to house vulnerable people.
We currently work with approximately 80 private landlords across London. These landlords provide our clients with good quality, long-term accommodation, including rooms in shared accommodation, studio apartments and one bedroom properties.
We use dedicated volunteers to source further landlords and establish relationships with new Lettings Agents. The use of Letting Agents has dramatically increased number and range of properties available to our client base. We have continued to develop good working relationships with our existing landlords. Some of these existing landlords have increased their portfolio and made these new properties available to our clients.
“I am very pleased working with all the staff of Vision Housing. They are very nice and helpful in all ways “. Melis, 3 May 2012
“Vision Housing are very friendly and helpful and all in all a pleasurable experience in dealing with”. Charalambous, 15 October 2012.